Xcode 7, iOS warnings - ...was build for newer iOS version (8.3) than being linked (7.0)

Beau

Posted on
Jul 16 2015

Getting about 50 similar warnings when running my project in Xcode 7.

Some relating to Raygun.o, others relating to PLCrashReporter.

I just want these gone.

Is there a way to suppress them, or at least recompile the framework to get theses warning to disappear? I know I can use -w in Other Linker Flags for the entire project, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Jul 17 2015

Hi Beau,

Sorry for the inconvenience. When I get a chance, I'll try out XCode 7 and see if I can find a solution. Please let me know which version of Raygun4iOS you're using. Note that we don't provide a recent version of Raygun4iOS that is built against iOS 7.0 and don't plan to build this. You could change your app to target iOS 8.x, or try one of the legacy version of Raygun4iOS: https://raygun.io/docs/languages/ios I think 1.4.1 is the last one for iOS 7.0.

-Jason Fauchelle

Beau

Posted on
Jul 17 2015

We're using the latest version of Raygun and still have to support iOS 7.

Thanks for looking into this.

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Jul 22 2015

Hi Beau,

I've looked into this further and could reproduce this with XCode 7. There isn't much information about this, and I do not know of a way to ignore specific warnings in XCode. Sorry I could not be of more help here.

-Jason Fauchelle

FrankBuckley

Posted on
Sep 18 2015

Raygun for Xamarin leads to lots of build warnings with Xamarin iOS 9 + Xcode 7:

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/152360/#Comment152360

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Sep 22 2015

Hi Frank,

Thanks for contacting us. I have been able to reproduce this issue. These warnings can be safely ignored and your app should be building and functioning fine, but I understand loads of build warnings can be annoying.

I've noted this down as something to try and fix for the next version. I'm sorry to say a new version is not planned for at least a few weeks though. I'll get back to you when this is resolved.

-Jason Fauchelle

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Oct 08 2015

Hi Beau,

Thanks for your patience. We've just released a new version of Raygun4iOS (v2.1.2) which includes a possible fix for the version warnings in XCode. Please try it out and let us know how it goes.

-Jason Fauchelle

TvdH

Posted on
Oct 29 2015

Can you also update the Mindscape.Raygun4Net package on IOS? 5.1.1 also has tons of these warnings. Thanks.

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Oct 30 2015

Hi TvdH,

I will make sure to do this for the next version of Raygun4Net. It should be about 3 weeks from now, I'll get back to you when it's available.

-Jason Fauchelle

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Nov 25 2015

Hi Frank and Tvdh,

We've just released the next version of Raygun4Net (v5.2.0) which has the latest version of our embeded Raygun4iOS provider within it - which solves all the warnings. This is available right now from NuGet, and should be available in the Xamarin Componenet Store within a week.

-Jason Fauchelle

FrankBuckley

Posted on
Nov 26 2015

Great - thanks - that works.

Robert Ros

Posted on
Apr 19 2016

Is it possible to link to iOS 6.1 instead of 7.0? We still have to support apps for iOS 6.1 and still have tons of native linking warnings when building our app.

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Apr 20 2016

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately The latest version of Raygun4iOS supports iOS 7.1 and higher. There are compatibility issues with lower versions. Older builds of Raygun4iOS are available with support for older iOS versions. Raygun4iOS 1.6.0 supports older iOS versions and can be downloaded here: https://raygun.io/docs/languages/ios/raygun4ios-changelog

-Jason Fauchelle

Robert Ros

Posted on
Apr 20 2016

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick response! Too bad the library isn't compatible with iOS 6.1/7.0. After a quick look it seems we are able to raise the minimum iOS version to 7.1 so this shouldn't be a problem for us anymore.

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Apr 21 2016

Hi Robert,

Excellent, that's great to hear. Let us know any time you have further questions about Raygun.

-Jason Fauchelle