Missing Mindscape.Raygun4Net.Common dll using Mindscape.Raygun4Net.WebApi NuGet Package

athomp

Posted on
Oct 10 2023

I've recently updated a .Net Framework 4.8 project using Mindscape.Raygun4Net.WebApi Nuget package Version 5.7.0 to 7.1.0.

Raygun then stopped sending errors.

Using the recommended setting to add throwOnError="true" attached the following error in the event logs.

Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Mindscape.Raygun4Net.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d595e487e4f9f950' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

StackTrace:    at Mindscape.Raygun4Net.WebClientHelper.Send(String message, String apiKey, ICredentials proxyCredentials)
   at Mindscape.Raygun4Net.WebApi.RaygunWebApiClient.Send(RaygunMessage raygunMessage) in C:\buildAgent\work\75116afedfe31196\Mindscape.Raygun4Net.WebApi\RaygunWebApiClient.cs:line 602
   at Mindscape.Raygun4Net.WebApi.RaygunWebApiClient.StripAndSend(Exception exception, IList`1 tags, IDictionary userCustomData, Nullable`1 currentTime) in C:\buildAgent\work\75116afedfe31196\Mindscape.Raygun4Net.WebApi\RaygunWebApiClient.cs:line 623
   at Mindscape.Raygun4Net.WebApi.RaygunWebApiClient.<>c__DisplayClass49_0.<SendInBackground>b__0(Object c) in C:\buildAgent\work\75116afedfe31196\Mindscape.Raygun4Net.WebApi\RaygunWebApiClient.cs:line 529
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Building the raygun source locally, and manually copying in the Mindscape.Raygun4Net.Common.dll into my project, then started the errors sending again.

Any advice would be greatful.

PHaydon

Raygun

Posted on
Oct 10 2023

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue, I've taken a look and reproduced the error.

I've published v7.1.1 for Mindscape.Raygun4Net.WebApi which should resolve the problem, and you can drop the reference to Mindscape.Raygun4Net.Common

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Phill

athomp

Posted on
Oct 10 2023

Just updated to 7.1.1, and all is working well.

Thanks for the quick response and update.