Eliminating Graph Spikes

Josh

Posted on
Dec 13 2019

I have all three of these graphs set to only show Active errors. I have resolved the errors that caused the circled spikes, yet the spikes do not disappear from the graph. Is there a bug here or am I misunderstanding something? Graph Spikes

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Dec 17 2019

Hi,

You're not misunderstanding anything - we don't presently filter the chart on status. However, it's a good idea to do that so I've asked the team to think about how we could do this (as we don't sample or roll up stats, we quickly bucket and count raw payloads, we'd need to think about how to do fast filtering by status for everyone, as some Raygun customers have many tens of millions of errors we would need to filter fast).

Thanks for dropping this question though, feedback is the lifeblood of improving the products for everyone.

I'll get this thread updated when we have a plan on how to approach this :)

Kind regards,

John-Daniel

Josh

Posted on
Dec 17 2019

What do these checkboxes in the graph configuration do then?enter image description here

MattByers

Raygun

Posted on
Dec 19 2019

Hi Josh,

Sorry for the confusion, I believe JD thought you were referring to the main error chart within Crash Reporting. In Dashboards the error chart should indeed filter to these statuses. I did a bit of digging and found a bug causing this filter to be disregarded. I have deployed out a hotfix for this issue, so it should now be working as expected. Let me know if you have any further issues.

Kind regards,

Matt

Josh

Posted on
Dec 19 2019

Awesome news! I will check it out. Thanks!

Josh

Posted on
Dec 20 2019

Absolutely loving this now! It makes resolving an issue so much more satisfying. Of course, now I want this in the individual app's graph. :D