Lots of warnings with jQuery migrate

KendallB

Posted on
Feb 12 2019

We are using jQuery migrate and raygun.js for reporting JS errors always trips it up. Is it possible to somehow have raygun.js know when we have jQuery migrate installed so I can turn off all the noise it generates? I need to see what stuff we need to migrate over, and I assume raygun.js does not depend on a specific version of jQuery?

We are using jQuery 3.3.x and jQuery Migrate 3.0.x.

Benjamin

Raygun

Posted on
Feb 12 2019

Hi KendallB,

Thanks for getting in touch. Raygun4JS itself does not depend on jQuery to run but if jQuery has been included we do attach events using jQuery to report ajax and event handler issues. It could be that the way we hook into those events generate the warnings you describe with jQuery Migrate.

Currently we do not detect if jQuery migrate is included or not to turn off the noise but I'll raise it with the team and we will investigate this issue.

Thanks

KendallB

Posted on
Feb 12 2019

Right, the issue is the methods used by your code to connect with jQuery are the older, legacy and deprecated methods (which probably won't work correctly in jQuery 3?). So maybe it needs to be updated to detect the jQuery version somehow and then use the newer methods rather than the older ones.

I know your single script has to support all the different ones in the field, so it is probably a bit of work to do that, but we do want it to hook into the jQuery error handling as necessary.

william.buchanan

Posted on
Sep 17 2020

This is still happening and is quite annoying. Are there any plans to upgrade this?

Benjamin

Raygun

Posted on
Sep 17 2020

Hi William,

Thanks for the letting us know. We are planning on a releasing a new version of the provider shortly so I'll have a look into what we can do to help resolve this at the same time.

I'll be in touch over the next few days and let you know how we get on.

Thanks,

william.buchanan

Posted on
Sep 18 2020

Thanks. At the moment the only reason we need jquery migrate is because of raygun so I really want to be able to get rid of it.

Benjamin

Raygun

Posted on
Sep 18 2020

Hi William,

Thanks for the additional context.

I tried installed jQuery 3.x.x with jQuery Migrate 3.x.x. but did not receive any warnings/issues as was being described.

Not to rule out an issue, it could be something that I'm doing. But if you could get in touch with tech support and provide some additional information I'll be happy to look into further.

Thanks, Ben

william.buchanan

Posted on
Sep 18 2020

Strange. You should see a bunch of jquery migrate warnings in the console. Not sure if you have to do something to enable them.