Error status

O

Posted on
Feb 17 2014

Hi,

Can you please explain about the different statuses?

When should I change to which and what will be the effect?

Thanks

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Feb 17 2014

Hi,

Active = The issue is is alive, has been reported.

Resolved = You mark a bug has been fixed (if you use GitHub integration, we will mark it resolved when you resolve the associated GitHub issue too). It goes from the active error list to the resolved error list. If it re-occurs it will be made Active again.

Ignored = You aren't going to fix this, but don't want it on your active list. If it re-occurs then it will appear back on your Active list. This is useful for things such as test exceptions when you're testing out Raygun or something you've done in development.

Permanently Ignored = You will never fix this error and you never want to hear about it again - even if it re-occurs. For example, perhaps you have a 404 error on a website caused by a spam bot trying various URLs. You're unlikely to "fix" it because it's not a real error, but you sure don't want to be emailed about it in future. Permanently ignoring an error is like a ban hammer being dropped on that error group.

You can always change errors groups between these states at any time to change the behavior.

I hope that helps!

John-Daniel Trask
Co-founder
Mindscape Limited

O

Posted on
Feb 17 2014

Thanks!

christophe

Posted on
Feb 06 2018

Hi,

I have a quick question about the "Permanently Ignored" status. Once we have chosen this status, does ignored errors still count for calculating the processing limit of our plan ?

EDIT: I didn't see it was explained in the confirmation popup (see attachment) so I have my answer ;-)

Thank you for your help.

Christophe